Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Few Things I'd Miss...

Lately I've been thinking over my "I'm Grateful For" List and in an attempt to get everything (ha!) I started looking at it backwards. Now, I've attached as an earmark, the "I'm Grateful For it because I'd Miss it if it were Gone" List. So...just a few as I've just started...

Screaming wars at meal time

The neatly arranged piles in my office (all over my office! My Dad does this too and I know it makes my Mom crazy! I've seen piles of language notes in Khazak, Russian, Uzbeck, Spanish..., piles of bills, piles of "to do's" all sorts of piles that reproduce at an alarming rate (think rabbits). I had it growing up so while I was accustomed to the piles when I got married it's just one more thing to trip over. But my office would a little too neat and orderly if they weren't here, apart from the fact that that would also mean both my husband and my dad were no longer around.

The post it note in the middle of the hall

Dippy Sauce

The laughs and squeals, long past bedtime, from the room down the hall

Twinkling fingers

Long conversations of which I understand nothing but "Water....crashed!...it was funny"

Dishes stacked on the counter (instead of the empty sink or empty dishwasher)

Not having to clean my bathrooms (not that we dont do it! But it's a chore Brendan took over when I could no longer bend over to scrub the shower and he's kept it ever since)

A legit excuse to slide down slides at the playground

Going to parks and playgrounds!

One sided arguments (but not so much the "Are you done yet?" look on his face)

The Patience

The Laughter

"So this is interesting..." conversations

Tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment